Nine-man St Albans City pick up point away to Vanarama National League South leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City survived two sending offs and a flurry of bookings inside the last 10 minutes to come away from Vanarama National League South league leaders Maidenhead United with a 1-1 draw.
Ben Martin and Junior Morias were the men who ended the game early, both for two yellow cards.
The dismissals came moments after Shaun Lucien had curled in a delightful free-kick to cancel out Harry Pritchard’s 61st minute opener.
The incident-packed game also saw three goals disallowed; two for the hosts and one for for City.
Photographer Leigh Page captured the action from York Road.
You may also want to watch:
Saints are next in action tomorrow (Tuesday) at home to near-neighbours Hemel Hempstead Town.
Kick-off at Clarence Park is at 7.45pm.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land