Nine-man St Albans City pick up point away to Vanarama National League South leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City survived two sending offs and a flurry of bookings inside the last 10 minutes to come away from Vanarama National League South league leaders Maidenhead United with a 1-1 draw.
Ben Martin and Junior Morias were the men who ended the game early, both for two yellow cards.
The dismissals came moments after Shaun Lucien had curled in a delightful free-kick to cancel out Harry Pritchard’s 61st minute opener.
The incident-packed game also saw three goals disallowed; two for the hosts and one for for City.
Photographer Leigh Page captured the action from York Road.
You may also want to watch:
Saints are next in action tomorrow (Tuesday) at home to near-neighbours Hemel Hempstead Town.
Kick-off at Clarence Park is at 7.45pm.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team