Nine-man Heath draw with Berko
Nine-man Colney Heath held off league leaders Berkhamsted to stop a two-game slide on Saturday.
Reeling from losses to Hertford Town and Wembley and the departure of manager Wes Awad, Heath responded by picking up a well-deserved points against the Comrades.
The first 10 minutes were all Berkhamsted as they started the quicker and kept Colney Heath on the back foot. The Magpies, however, slowly got a grip on the game and were in total control as Berkhampsted broke away and opened the scoring just after Martin Standen was denied by a great save.
Dave Parkinson looked lively and as he drove into the box he was pulled back, giving Matt Standen the chance to equalise from the spot. The penalty was saved but the first to react was Rhys Lawrence who slammed the ball home.
The second half began as the first had ended with the Magpies in control and Parkinson put Heath 2-1 up just after the hour as Bronti squared the ball to him just inside the area and he smashed it into the top of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With two minutes to go Berkhamsted were awarded a spot kick and Kyle Lincoln levelled the scores. John McGrandles was sent off in the aftermath and it got worse for the Magpies as the referee sent off Parkinson in added time for an apparent off the ball challenge.
Still, they held on to record a 2-2 draw and give them confidence ahead of Saturday’s home game against Sun Postal Sports.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism