Ngoyi handed two-game ban; will be available for Cambridge tie
- Credit: Archant
Greg Ngoyi will be eligible for St Albans City’s FA Trophy tie with Cambridge United after the FA handed the striker a two-match ban following an incident against Witham Town in the same competition.
Last season’s top scorer was given a straight red card for an alleged elbow, for which he served a three match ban, but as he headed for the dressing room he went into the crowd to remonstrate with supporters, clearly unhappy with comments that were directed his way.
Ahead of Monday’s clash with Tonbridge Angels, the FA gave Ngoyi a two-match ban, meaning missed the 4-0 win at Clarence Park over the Skrill South side and will not travel with the team to Weymouth on Saturday.
He will be available for the Cambridge United game on December 14.
City’s joint manager James Gray admitted that Ngoyi got off lightly, saying: “It could have been worse.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve done something similar in my career and I got a seven-game ban. There’s wasn’t too much in [the incident] so for him to get two is alright. We’ll go to Weymouth without him and then he’s back.”
Saints were down to two strikers on Monday after Elliot Bailey pulled up in the warm-up so getting a goalscorer of Ngoyi’s calibre back in the squad will be vital as City play catch up in the league thanks to two extended cup runs.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“We know what we’ve got with Greg; he’s got goals for fun in him and he’s a great option for us,” said Gray
“All three of our strikers are different types of players so he’s comeback will be seamless.”