NEXT IN TOWN: Swindon Supermarine
Preview of this Saturday’s game
St Albans City v Swindon Supermarine
Saturday, January 21 – KO 3pm
Manager: Matt Robinson and Gary Horgan
Last season: 10th
Top scorer this year: Nick Stanley (five)
St Albans City play host to basement club Swindon Supermarine this Saturday looking to maintain their unbeaten start to 2012.
- 1 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 2 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Season so far
It has been a season of struggle for Swindon who lost five of their opening six games, their only point coming from a 4-4 draw with fellow strugglers Cirencester Town.
Victory over St Albans City on the opening weekend of September inspired a run of four games undefeated but the Supermarine fans had to endure a winless October that yielded just one point from a 2-2 draw at home to Evesham United.
In stark contrast Marine went undefeated for the whole of November which saw them progress FA Trophy and Red Insure Cup as well as pick up seven valuable league points from wins over Hitchin Town and Cambridge City and a draw with Weymouth.
Last month started with an 8-1 win over Chippenham Town in the Wiltshire Premier Shield but that was as good as it got for Marine who ended the year losing five straight games.
It has been a similar story in 2012 as a 3-3 draw with Bashley was followed to Hemel Hempstead Town and AFC Totton (Red Insure Cup).
Team vs Hemel Hempstead: Rae; Lapham, Allen, Dean, Horgan, Dampton, Cook, Wood, Wright, Etheridge, Stanley.
We’ve Met Before – Swindon Supermarine 2 St Albans City 1 (September 3, 2011)
City slipped to a 2-1 defeat when the two sides clashed back in September last year.
Sean Shields handed City a 32nd minute lead but goals from Dave Bampton and Max Etheridge in the final 20 minutes ensured the three points stayed in Wiltshire.
Unfortunately there will be no CITYLIVE coverage of this fixture.