NEXT IN TOWN: Swindon Supermarine
Preview of this Saturday’s game
St Albans City v Swindon Supermarine
Saturday, January 21 – KO 3pm
Manager: Matt Robinson and Gary Horgan
Last season: 10th
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Nick Stanley (five)
St Albans City play host to basement club Swindon Supermarine this Saturday looking to maintain their unbeaten start to 2012.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
Season so far
It has been a season of struggle for Swindon who lost five of their opening six games, their only point coming from a 4-4 draw with fellow strugglers Cirencester Town.
Victory over St Albans City on the opening weekend of September inspired a run of four games undefeated but the Supermarine fans had to endure a winless October that yielded just one point from a 2-2 draw at home to Evesham United.
In stark contrast Marine went undefeated for the whole of November which saw them progress FA Trophy and Red Insure Cup as well as pick up seven valuable league points from wins over Hitchin Town and Cambridge City and a draw with Weymouth.
Last month started with an 8-1 win over Chippenham Town in the Wiltshire Premier Shield but that was as good as it got for Marine who ended the year losing five straight games.
It has been a similar story in 2012 as a 3-3 draw with Bashley was followed to Hemel Hempstead Town and AFC Totton (Red Insure Cup).
Team vs Hemel Hempstead: Rae; Lapham, Allen, Dean, Horgan, Dampton, Cook, Wood, Wright, Etheridge, Stanley.
We’ve Met Before – Swindon Supermarine 2 St Albans City 1 (September 3, 2011)
City slipped to a 2-1 defeat when the two sides clashed back in September last year.
Sean Shields handed City a 32nd minute lead but goals from Dave Bampton and Max Etheridge in the final 20 minutes ensured the three points stayed in Wiltshire.
Unfortunately there will be no CITYLIVE coverage of this fixture.