NEXT IN TOWN: Stourbridge
A look ahead to this weekend’s match at Clarence Park
St Albans City v Stourbridge
Saturday, February 11 – KO 3pm
Manager: Gary Hackett
Last season: 8th
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Ryan Rowe (10)
STOURBRIDGE are scheduled to be the visitors to Clarence Park this weekend although the game is in some doubt due to the unrelenting freezing temperatures.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
A pitch inspection is set to take place, although at the time of writing it is unknown when it will happen.
Season so far
STOURBRIDGE made an excellent start to the season remaining undefeated in their opening seven league fixtures. In that time Gary Hackett’s side accumulated 15 points from four wins and three draws.
A shock defeat to Hemel Hempstead Town was followed by three straight victories – including a 2-1 home win over St Albans City – as Stour kept up with the pace at the top of the Southern Premier Division.
Away from the league Stourbridge enjoyed an excellent FA Cup run that saw them become giantkillers when they knocked npower League 2 side Plymouth Argyle out in an FA Cup First Round replay before bowing out in the second round to City’s Herts rivals Stevenage.
Stour’s recent form however has been of some concern as they’ve slid down the table on the back of a run of just one win in six games, with Hackett’s side taking just a point from their last four outings.
Last time out a Warren Byerley double handed Weymouth a 2-1 win at Stourbridge’s expense – Stour’s first home league defeat of the campaign.
Team vs Weymouth: Solly; Rock, Lloyd, McCone, Geddes, Bennett, Smith, Broadhurst, Rowe, Billingham �, Drake.
We’ve Met Before – Stourbridge 2 St Albans City 1 (September 24, 2011)
It was another dismal away day for St Albans City when they visited the War Memorial Athletic Ground in September.
Rob Haworth’s superbly taken header 10 minutes in had put City in command but two defensive lapses in an eight-minute spell in the second half allowed Ryan Rowe to pounce and earn Stour a 2-1 win.
The Herts Advertiser report: http://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/rowe_double_sinks_st_albans_city_at_stourbridge_1_1070861