NEXT IN TOWN: Stourbridge
A look ahead to this weekend’s match at Clarence Park
St Albans City v Stourbridge
Saturday, February 11 – KO 3pm
Manager: Gary Hackett
Last season: 8th
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Ryan Rowe (10)
STOURBRIDGE are scheduled to be the visitors to Clarence Park this weekend although the game is in some doubt due to the unrelenting freezing temperatures.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
A pitch inspection is set to take place, although at the time of writing it is unknown when it will happen.
Season so far
STOURBRIDGE made an excellent start to the season remaining undefeated in their opening seven league fixtures. In that time Gary Hackett’s side accumulated 15 points from four wins and three draws.
A shock defeat to Hemel Hempstead Town was followed by three straight victories – including a 2-1 home win over St Albans City – as Stour kept up with the pace at the top of the Southern Premier Division.
Away from the league Stourbridge enjoyed an excellent FA Cup run that saw them become giantkillers when they knocked npower League 2 side Plymouth Argyle out in an FA Cup First Round replay before bowing out in the second round to City’s Herts rivals Stevenage.
Stour’s recent form however has been of some concern as they’ve slid down the table on the back of a run of just one win in six games, with Hackett’s side taking just a point from their last four outings.
Last time out a Warren Byerley double handed Weymouth a 2-1 win at Stourbridge’s expense – Stour’s first home league defeat of the campaign.
Team vs Weymouth: Solly; Rock, Lloyd, McCone, Geddes, Bennett, Smith, Broadhurst, Rowe, Billingham �, Drake.
We’ve Met Before – Stourbridge 2 St Albans City 1 (September 24, 2011)
It was another dismal away day for St Albans City when they visited the War Memorial Athletic Ground in September.
Rob Haworth’s superbly taken header 10 minutes in had put City in command but two defensive lapses in an eight-minute spell in the second half allowed Ryan Rowe to pounce and earn Stour a 2-1 win.
The Herts Advertiser report: http://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/rowe_double_sinks_st_albans_city_at_stourbridge_1_1070861