NEXT IN TOWN: Redditch United
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
St Albans City v Redditch United
Saturday, September 10 – KO 3pm
Manager: Graham Hyde
Last season: 21st (Blue Square North)
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Lei Brown (Two)
REDDITCH United are the visitors to Clarence Park on Saturday as the two teams come head-to-head for the first time.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The Reds, like City, were relegated last season after a turbulent season in Blue Square North, and also like the Saints have a new owner in the shape of local entrepreneur Chris Swan.
Striker Lei Brown leads the way for Redditch so far this season having netted twice, while strike partner David Blenkinsopp has also opened his account for the season.
Goalkeeper Dean Coleman is another former Worcester man amongst the Reds’ ranks while midfielder Elliot Nash spent five years with the British Army team.
At the back Redditch can call upon the services of one-time Luton Town defender Dan Miley and former Birmingham City youth player Nick Heath.
Redditch are able to boast some international quality in the form of St Kitts & Nevis midfielder Aaron Moses-Garvey who started out at Birmingham City before spells with Hinckley United and Worcester City.
Season so far
Like the Saints, Graham Hyde’s side have had a mixed start to the new campaign. Undefeated at home, Redditch are still on the hunt for the first win on the road, their only points away from Bromsgrove Road coming in the opening day draw at Oxford City.
The Reds are without a win in their last four games, their last outing being a 2-0 home defeat to Cirencester Town.
Team vs Cirencester: Coleman; Heath, Milligan, Hickman, Miley; Howell, Nash, Robinson, Blenkinsopp, Green, Brown.
City Team news
Brian Haule misses out after suffering concussion during Monday night’s friendly with Peterborough United while fellow striker Rob Haworth is still struggling to shake off a knock.
Goalkeeper Will Viner is set to replace suspended stopper Nick Jupp and centre half Ryan Moran is available for selection again having missed the trip to Swindon Supermarine because of his wedding.
New signing Ryan Watts is also available after signing for the Saints on Monday evening.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to launch CITYLIVE.