NEXT IN TOWN: Frome Town
A look ahead to this Saturday’s league clash
St Albans City v Frome Town
Saturday, October 15 - KO 3pm
Manager: Darren Perrin
Last season: 4th (Southern Division One South & West – promoted via the play-offs).
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Josh Brigham (Four)
ST ALBANS City’s will hope to end their four game winless streak when they welcome Frome Town to Clarence Park on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The Somerset side travel to Clarence Park for the first time, having won promotion to the Premier Division via the Division One South & West play-offs last term.
Season so far
Frome have made a very good start to life in the Premier Division and currently sit eighth in the table having won six of their eight games.
Darren Perrin’s side are yet to draw on their travels having won four of their six away games including last time out when they beat City’s Herts’ neighbours Hitchin Town 3-1.
Town’s two away losses came at Evesham United – where they lost to a 95th minute goal – and Oxford City.
Since losing to Oxford, Frome have won both of their games coming from two goals down to beat Redditch before collecting all three points at Hitchin.
Team v Hitchin: Chitty; Brigham, Evans, Flockton, Bennett, Smith, Miller, Evans, Bennison, Perrott, Thomson.
Rob Haworth has made good progress this week after limping out of Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Arlesey Town but the centre forward may still miss out while Paul Furlong could also come into contention having not featured since City’s 2-1 loss at Stourbridge.
There will be no CITYLIVE coverage of this game.