NEXT IN TOWN: Frome Town
A look ahead to this Saturday’s league clash
St Albans City v Frome Town
Saturday, October 15 - KO 3pm
Manager: Darren Perrin
Last season: 4th (Southern Division One South & West – promoted via the play-offs).
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Josh Brigham (Four)
ST ALBANS City’s will hope to end their four game winless streak when they welcome Frome Town to Clarence Park on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
The Somerset side travel to Clarence Park for the first time, having won promotion to the Premier Division via the Division One South & West play-offs last term.
Season so far
Frome have made a very good start to life in the Premier Division and currently sit eighth in the table having won six of their eight games.
Darren Perrin’s side are yet to draw on their travels having won four of their six away games including last time out when they beat City’s Herts’ neighbours Hitchin Town 3-1.
Town’s two away losses came at Evesham United – where they lost to a 95th minute goal – and Oxford City.
Since losing to Oxford, Frome have won both of their games coming from two goals down to beat Redditch before collecting all three points at Hitchin.
Team v Hitchin: Chitty; Brigham, Evans, Flockton, Bennett, Smith, Miller, Evans, Bennison, Perrott, Thomson.
Rob Haworth has made good progress this week after limping out of Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Arlesey Town but the centre forward may still miss out while Paul Furlong could also come into contention having not featured since City’s 2-1 loss at Stourbridge.
There will be no CITYLIVE coverage of this game.