NEXT IN TOWN: Berkhamsted - FA Cup
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
St Albans City v Berkhamsted
Saturday, September 17 – KO 3pm
Manager: Mick Vipond
Last season: 1st (Spartan South Midlands Division One)
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Lawrence Bunker (Seven)
SAINTS’ FA Cup campaign gets underway at Clarence Park this Saturday with the visit of neighbours Berkhamsted.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
The Comrades have stormed through the divisions following their formation in 2009 after the demise of Berkhamsted Town culminating in promotion to the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division last season. Mick Vipond’s side romped to the Division One title last season finishing with 107 points, 15 more than second placed AFC Dunstable.
Season so far
Berko have adjusted well to life in the Premier Division and are currently sixth in the table after five games.
Vipond’s side have picked up where they left off recording four wins and just a single defeat from their five league outings, their only blemish a 2-1 defeat to Hertford Town.
The Comrades began their FA Cup campaign at Crawley Green in the Extra Preliminary Round where two goals from Tony Burnett handed Berko a 2-1 win.
Berko were on the road again in the Preliminary Round, defeating Haringey Borough 1-0 thanks to another Burnett strike.
Berkhamsted also progressed in the FA Vase thanks to a 1-0 win over Stotfold last Saturday when that man Burnett popped up with the winning goal.
City Team news
Tobi Jinadu sits out Saturday’s match as he serves the one match ban he received after his sending off against Swindon Supermarine meaning an instant return for Ryan Moran at the heart of the defence after the ex-Boreham Wood man completed his one match ban.
Goalkeeper Nick Jupp will be hoping for a recall between the sticks after missing out to Will Viner on Tuesday evening while Sean Shields and Sakho Bakare are in with a good chance of starting after two impressive substitute appearances in as many games. Saints have also been boosted by the news that on-loan Peterborough full-back Nathan Ralph has been given permission to play from his parent club.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to launch CITYLIVE.