NEXT IN TOWN: Arlesey Town
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
St Albans City v Arlesey Town
Saturday, October 8 – KO 3pm
Manager: Zema Abbey
Last season: 1st (Southern Division One Central)
You may also want to watch:
Top scorer this year: Chris Dillon (Four)
ST ALBANS City will look to put their FA Cup disappointment behind them this Saturday when they welcome Premier Division newboys Arlesey Town to Clarence Park.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
There are several familiar faces to Saints fans in the Arlesey ranks with ex-Saints Ryan Frater and Dave Deeney and St Albans City Midweek Youth coach James Gray all featuring for the Blues this term.
Season so far
It’s been a steady start to their Premier Division journey for Arlesey Town who currently sit in 15th place.
After starting the season with back-to-back defeats the Blues got their campaign up and running with a point at Frome Town before notching their first three points with an impressive 2-0 win over big-spending title hopefuls Brackley Town.
Since then Arlesey’s league form has been patchy winning just one more Premier Division game – a 2-0 win at Bedford – but while the Blues have struggled in the league, their FA Cup form has been impressive.
A late Dave Deeney goal gave Zema Abbey’s side a 2-1 win over Tilbury in the First Qualifying Round before the Blues caused the upset of the Second Qualifying Round with a 6-2 defeat of Conference South outfit Hampton & Richmond Borough.
The Blues were brought back down to earth on Tuesday evening, however, as they slipped to a 2-1 home defeat against Barwell.
Team v Barwell: Osborn; Deeney, Bufano, Frater, Mawer, S Sinclair, Allinson, D Sinclair, Mason; Dillon, Marsh.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to launch CITYLIVE.