NEXT IN TOWN: AFC Totton
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
St Albans City v AFC Totton
Tuesday, September 13 – KO 7.45pm
Manager: Stuart Ritchie
Last season: 1st (Southern League Division One South & West)
Top scorer this year: Nathaniel Sherborne/Michael Gosney (Six)
AFC Totton make their first ever visit to Clarence Park tonight looking to become the first visiting side to defeat David Howell’s Saints.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
The Hampshire outfit were promoted to the Premier Division last season after topping the Division One South & West division and have used the momentum gained from that success to hit the ground running this term.
Season so far
It’s been an almost perfect start to life in the Premier Division for AFC Totton who boast an impressive seven wins from their first eight games of the season.
A 2-0 opening-day win at Arlesey Town was followed up by big home victories over Oxford City (6-0) and Swindon Supermarine (4-0).
The Stags’ only failure so far came at fellow title contenders Leamington when they went down by the odd goal in three but Stuart Ritchie’s side have responded to that set-back in a positive manner winning their next three fixtures. The last of that trio of victories came on Saturday where, despite Brackley dominating possession, the Hants side ran out 3-0 victors leading boss Ritchie to tell the Daily Echo that the result was “our best result for three or four seasons”.
Team vs Brackley: Porter, Hill, Whisken, Richardson, Oldring, Davies (Lewis 89), Campbell, Pettefer, Coutts, Gosney, Sherborne (Charles 85). Unused subs: Tomasso, Brown.
City Team news
Goalkeeper Nick Jupp served his suspension on Saturday and is available for selection while experienced striker Rob Haworth is expected to be fit after missing the Saints’ last three games.
Matt Cutchey will return at centre half after being dropped for Saturday’s game and he will replace Ryan Moran who serves a one game ban for his dismissal against Hemel Hempstead Town on August Bank Holiday Monday.
Sakho Bakare and Sean Shields will be hoping for a recall to the starting XI after impressing from the bench on Saturday but Brian Haule is still ruled out with a head injury.
Click on the link in the top right hand corner to launch CITYLIVE.