News PBs for Charlotte at Youth Championships
THE ASA East Region Youth Championships were held at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich over May 2-4. Top swimmers from across the region competed, with City of St Albans Swimming club squad members having qualified at the County Championships in March, rais
THE ASA East Region Youth Championships were held at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich over May 2-4.
Top swimmers from across the region competed, with City of St Albans Swimming club squad members having qualified at the County Championships in March, raising their game to swim at this higher level.
In the boys' events Matthew Henson (16 and over) and Jack Baron (U16s) competed in freestyle, backstroke and butterfly, whilst Charlotte Henson, Chloe Beard , Coraliee DuPreez, Holly Winfield and Katie Lightowler all competed in the girls' U16s competition, Charlotte setting new PBs in both the 100m backstroke, and 200m individual medley.
Overall David Godridge of Watford SC proved successful over a range of distances, winning five titles in freestyle, butterfly and individual medley events.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Baker (Hatfield SC) won a clean sweep of all three Backstroke events, and Andrew Egan (Hatfield SC) won two breaststroke events.
In the U16s female group there were six wins for Anne Bochmann (UEA City of Norwich SC) in her home pool.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
CoStA welcome swimmers of all abilities, so come along to club nights at Westminster Lodge on Sunday or Monday evenings.