Newport sign Championship midfielder, Braintree target defender and former Chelsea star not joining
NEWPORT County boss Dean Holdsworth has been busy reshaping his squad bringing in two new faces and seeing two go in the opposite direction. Holdsworth s public pursuit of Weston-super-Mare striker Ashan Holgate has paid off with Holgate joining the Exile
NEWPORT County boss Dean Holdsworth has been busy reshaping his squad bringing in two new faces and seeing two go in the opposite direction.
Holdsworth's public pursuit of Weston-super-Mare striker Ashan Holgate has paid off with Holgate joining the Exiles on a permanent basis. Holdsworth has also signed Kerry Morgan on a month's loan from Coca-Cola Championship side Swansea City.
Going in the other direction is Dave Gilroy who has joined Weston on a month's loan and Kevin Cooper who has been released.
Bishop's Stortford have agreed to release captain Paul Goodacre from his deal at Woodside Park.
The defender is expected to sign for arch-rivals Braintree Town whose manager Robbie Garvey confirmed his club were looking to sign a defender having shipped nine goals in their last two outings.
Woking has dismissed rumours that they are going to sign former Chelsea striker Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Drug dealer hid in child's playhouse to evade arrest in Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 9 Harley-Davidson rider dies in A5183 Radlett crash
- 10 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
A national newspaper suggested that Hasselbaink would train with the Cards with a view to signing a deal with the Surrey club but Woking chairman Shahid Azeem dismissed the claims.
"The facts are that discreet discussions took place with Jimmy around him training with the club. Nothing more or less than that," Azeem said in a statement on the club's official website. "Unfortunately this was leaked, and inevitably expanded on.