Newport put Eastleigh to the sword
CRAIG Reid scored twice as Newport County put in a five-star performance to see off Eastleigh on Saturday. The former Coventry striker opened and completed the scoring either side of strikes from Charlie Henry, Danny Rose and Sam Foley as Dean Holdsworth
CRAIG Reid scored twice as Newport County put in a five-star performance to see off Eastleigh on Saturday.
The former Coventry striker opened and completed the scoring either side of strikes from Charlie Henry, Danny Rose and Sam Foley as Dean Holdsworth's side maintained their good start to the season with a 5-1 win. Shaun McAuley had drawn Eastleigh level.
Newport are now two points behind league leaders Dover with a game in hand.
Dover ensured they remained in top spot for the time being with an equally impressive 4-2 win over Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Frannie Collin fired Andy Hessenthaler's side ahead after just five minutes but Barrie Matthews drew the Beavers level. Lee Browning restored Dover's lead on half time but Orlando Jeffrey struck a second equaliser for the visitors five minutes after the interval. However Dover were not to be denied and a Nicky Southall free kick and a debut goal from Andy Pugh sealed the win.
Goals in either half from Ashley Nicholls and Duane Jackman gave Bishop's Stortford a surprise 2-0 win away at Basingstoke while an Anthony Cook strike in the 90th minute ensured Chelmsford City left Staines Town with a 1-0 win and all three points.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Woking and Maidenhead couldn't be separated and they shared a 1-1 draw and Warren McBean earned Bromley a point as they came from behind to hold Weston-super-Mare to a 1-1 draw.
Tom Whitnall's 85th minute strike sent Welling home with all three points from their trip to Dorchester following a 2-1 win.
Lewes notched up draw number six as Louis Pople scored with nine minutes to go to earn his side a 1-1 draw at Bath City, while there was a stalemate at Cressing Road as neither Braintree nor Worcester could find a breakthrough.
Finally, Weymouth failed to hold on to a first half lead given to them by Josh Klein-Davies as second half goals from Phil Anderson and Matt Paine gave Thurrock a 2-1 win.