Newman nabs brace for Park Street Village
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Knebworth 0 Park Street Village 5 MATT Newman scored twice as Park Street Village hammered Knebworth in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday. Forward Dave Ross curled home a cracking
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Knebworth 0 Park Street Village 5
MATT Newman scored twice as Park Street Village hammered Knebworth in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division on Saturday.
Forward Dave Ross curled home a cracking opening goal and the experienced former London Colney man took the plaudits from Park Street manager Ryan Thompson. He said: "Dave Ross scored a great goal and he was easily Man of the Match for us. You can play him wide, up front or in the hole. We played him on the left of the front three and it suited him. He was superb."
You may also want to watch:
Sharp-shooter Newman notched the second goal after racing clear and PSV led 2-0 at the break.
Young substitute Chris 'Mack' McCarthy came on for the second half and soon after the restart fired home a low shot from distance for 3-0.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Andy Murphy added the fourth goal for Park Street after heading against the crossbar and then striking the post before netting at the third attempt. Newman then rounded off the scoring with a good finish for 5-0. Thompson said: "It was hard for Knebworth. They are going through a bit of a transition but it was good to get the win and a few goals with a bit of a performance."
On Saturday PSV face Met Police Bushey away in the Aubrey Cup. Thompson is looking to retain the trophy the Toulmin Drive outfit won last season but knows it will be tough. He said: "We have played them three times and they have done us each time. They were the one team we did not want to draw but we have got to beat them sooner or later."
l Park Street Reserves won 4-2 against Cuffley Reserves in the Herts Senior County League Reserve Cup on Saturday.