Newman earns Town a point but bad weekend for other sides
A round-up of Saturday’s football scores
MATT Newman’s 91st minute strike earned Harpenden Town a share of the spoils from their game with London Lions at Rothamsted Park on Saturday but that was about as good as it got for local sides at the weekend.
Newman struck to give Town a 2-2 draw with London Lions with Jimmy Warner also on target for Ryan Thompson’s side.
Colney Heath were unable to end Chalfont St Peter’s perfect start to the season as they slumped to a 5-1 defeat.
Charlie Strutton netted a hat-trick to help Chalfont make it 13 wins from 13 in the Premier Division with Josh Humbert netting the Magpies’ only goal.
You may also want to watch:
London Colney’s Jekyll and Hyde form continued at Cotlandswick on Saturday as they succumbed to two late goals against leaders Berkhamsted.
Frankie Jowle had cancelled out Aaron Usmani’s opener but goals from Tony Burnett and James Armstrong in the 88th and 92nd minute gave the visitors all three points.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans