Newman earns Town a point but bad weekend for other sides
A round-up of Saturday’s football scores
MATT Newman’s 91st minute strike earned Harpenden Town a share of the spoils from their game with London Lions at Rothamsted Park on Saturday but that was about as good as it got for local sides at the weekend.
Newman struck to give Town a 2-2 draw with London Lions with Jimmy Warner also on target for Ryan Thompson’s side.
Colney Heath were unable to end Chalfont St Peter’s perfect start to the season as they slumped to a 5-1 defeat.
Charlie Strutton netted a hat-trick to help Chalfont make it 13 wins from 13 in the Premier Division with Josh Humbert netting the Magpies’ only goal.
You may also want to watch:
London Colney’s Jekyll and Hyde form continued at Cotlandswick on Saturday as they succumbed to two late goals against leaders Berkhamsted.
Frankie Jowle had cancelled out Aaron Usmani’s opener but goals from Tony Burnett and James Armstrong in the 88th and 92nd minute gave the visitors all three points.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues