New St Albans Ladies side just misses out on debut win
- Credit: Archant
A newly-formed girls team just missed out on victory in their first-ever game.
The U15 side at St Albans Ladies Football Club were at home to Ruislip Rangers on Saturday with a late goal from the visitors giving them a 3-2 win.
The girls, pictured right, dominated the first half with some stunning passing football.
And their went 2-0 up with their two goals coming from Daisy Charnock and Sophie Goodall.
The team continued to battle in the second half but relinquished the lead before Ruislip nicked a winner in the dying minutes of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans Ladies U15 player of the match went to Charnock for her prowess in the midfield.
Their next game is also at home when they play another west London side Kinja FC on Saturday.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots