New signings get on the scoresheet for Town in rout
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town recorded a terrific 4-0 victory on Tuesday against Langford with goals from two new signings and two regulars.
Top scorer Harry Hunt and Tom Collins started the rout before Jamal Harvey and Jimmy Hartley, both of whom joined the club in recent weeks, completed it.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We were always playing in the right area, the top third of the pitch, and our passing game was always going forward rather than across the park.
“The new players, Jamal Harvey and Jimmy Hartley, played really well and of course you can always rely on Harry Hunt and Tom Collins, who both scored.”
After 38 minutes Collins had a shot parried by Langford goalkeeper Scott Waters and Hunt pounced on the rebound.
The second came from a fine move on the left by Hartley. The former Stevenage midfielder beat his man to the line and rounded towards goal before passing back to Collins who fired in from near the penalty spot on 63 minutes.
Five minutes later Harpenden were on the attack and Hunt flicked on a pass into the path of Harvey who controlled the ball, beat a defender and put the ball past the keeper.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
The final goal was a well deserved shot from the tireless Hartley who picked up a miss-hit pass from Hunt on the left drove into the box and fired the ball into the net.