New signings get on the scoresheet for Town in rout
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town recorded a terrific 4-0 victory on Tuesday against Langford with goals from two new signings and two regulars.
Top scorer Harry Hunt and Tom Collins started the rout before Jamal Harvey and Jimmy Hartley, both of whom joined the club in recent weeks, completed it.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We were always playing in the right area, the top third of the pitch, and our passing game was always going forward rather than across the park.
“The new players, Jamal Harvey and Jimmy Hartley, played really well and of course you can always rely on Harry Hunt and Tom Collins, who both scored.”
After 38 minutes Collins had a shot parried by Langford goalkeeper Scott Waters and Hunt pounced on the rebound.
You may also want to watch:
The second came from a fine move on the left by Hartley. The former Stevenage midfielder beat his man to the line and rounded towards goal before passing back to Collins who fired in from near the penalty spot on 63 minutes.
Five minutes later Harpenden were on the attack and Hunt flicked on a pass into the path of Harvey who controlled the ball, beat a defender and put the ball past the keeper.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The final goal was a well deserved shot from the tireless Hartley who picked up a miss-hit pass from Hunt on the left drove into the box and fired the ball into the net.