New manager at Colney Heath Ladies can’t wait to get started
- Credit: Archant
There will be a change in the dugout at Colney Heath Ladies after manager Paul Gleeson reverted back to his chairman role.
In his place will come Luke Molloy as the boss and he will be assisted by Ryan Brooke as head coach.
Speaking on Twitter the new man said: “It’s an absolute honour and a privilege to become first team manager of Colney Heath Ladies.
“The club has made me feel very welcome in such a short space of time. I can’t wait to get started and get out on the training pitch. A big season ahead.”
A spokeswoman for the club said: “We’re excited for what the future will bring. Our aim is to combine a host of talented young players with our already well-established squad.”
There was also praise for the outgoing boss.
She added: To the big man, Paul Gleeson, thank you.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
“Thank you for all you have done throughout your time as manager, from stepping in to then taking to the role like a duck to water.
“Enjoy reverting back to chairman.”