New-look London Colney start competitive fixtures in style
- Credit: Archant
The new-look London Colney got their competitive fixtures for the new season underway in the best possible style – beating Sawbridgeworth Town 5-0 in the Herts Charity Shield.
They were 3-0 up by half-time, taking the lead as early as the 10th minute when Joe Reynolds unleashed a thunderbolt of a free-kick from 30 yards.
Anton Johnson supplied the cross for Kambo Smith to make it 2-0 before getting the first of his two goals following a great Paolo Montella cross.
Sawbridgeworth weren’t helped when they had a man sent-off following a fracas with his own bench and their mood would have worsened soon after the break when Laurence Vaughan made it 4-0 with a low drive beyond the keeper.
Johnson completed the scoring with his second, thanks to another low shot.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys will now travel to either Welwyn Garden City or Baldock Town in the next round.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans