New-look London Colney start competitive fixtures in style
- Credit: Archant
The new-look London Colney got their competitive fixtures for the new season underway in the best possible style – beating Sawbridgeworth Town 5-0 in the Herts Charity Shield.
They were 3-0 up by half-time, taking the lead as early as the 10th minute when Joe Reynolds unleashed a thunderbolt of a free-kick from 30 yards.
Anton Johnson supplied the cross for Kambo Smith to make it 2-0 before getting the first of his two goals following a great Paolo Montella cross.
Sawbridgeworth weren’t helped when they had a man sent-off following a fracas with his own bench and their mood would have worsened soon after the break when Laurence Vaughan made it 4-0 with a low drive beyond the keeper.
Johnson completed the scoring with his second, thanks to another low shot.
The Blueboys will now travel to either Welwyn Garden City or Baldock Town in the next round.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report