New-look London Colney start competitive fixtures in style
- Credit: Archant
The new-look London Colney got their competitive fixtures for the new season underway in the best possible style – beating Sawbridgeworth Town 5-0 in the Herts Charity Shield.
They were 3-0 up by half-time, taking the lead as early as the 10th minute when Joe Reynolds unleashed a thunderbolt of a free-kick from 30 yards.
Anton Johnson supplied the cross for Kambo Smith to make it 2-0 before getting the first of his two goals following a great Paolo Montella cross.
Sawbridgeworth weren’t helped when they had a man sent-off following a fracas with his own bench and their mood would have worsened soon after the break when Laurence Vaughan made it 4-0 with a low drive beyond the keeper.
Johnson completed the scoring with his second, thanks to another low shot.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys will now travel to either Welwyn Garden City or Baldock Town in the next round.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans