Never mind the beast from the east - Verulam Cycling Club have their own muddy monsters
- Credit: Archant
Before there was snow and before there was ice, there was mud – and Verulam Cycling Club’s youngsters loved every minute of it.
The Herts and Beds Muddy Monsters cyclo-cross series is designed for children who have never raced before but who want to give it a try in a safe and fun environment.
And Verulam’s Imogen Holland and Samuel Stacey certainly had a great time at round six of the series, held at the Ashwell grass track near Baldock.
Stacey came home in first place in the Under-10 race at the well-attended event and Holland was only just behind him in third.
The previous round had taken place at St Albans and was hosted by Verulam CC.
You may also want to watch:
Welwyn Garden City is set to hold the final round of the series on Saturday with last week’s event in Hitchin snowed off.
Both Holland and Stacey plan to compete and both are looking forward to this season’s track sessions at Gosling Park in WGC too.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents