National title for fencer Harry Mogie
- Credit: Archant
Harry Mogie became St Albans’ first British Sabre champion on Saturday winning the U10 British Youth Sabre Championships in Stratford Upon Avon.
The Paul Davis Fencing Academy student stormed to the finals with key victories in the quarter-finals and semi-finals before winning the final 10-3.
Harry won the event off the back of a successful 2016 being ranked number one in the U9 category.
He will be joining his brother Oscar in Poland this coming weekend in representing England in the U13 European Championships.
The Mogie brothers were joined by their younger brother George who was part of the PDFA team that won silver at the National Championships on the same weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Further success saw Josie Reid from PDFA win bronze in the girls’ event at the U10 Girls British Youth Sabre Championships.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district