National South Two: Old Albanian on other side of the coin as Tonbridge Juddians show defensive steel
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian could not follow up their big win over National League Two South leaders Rams as they fell to a 27-22 loss at Tonbridge Juddians.
Last week’s success was built on the back on titanic defensive effort but this week OAs were on the other side of such a display.
The first quarter was equal though as Charlie Hughes ended a barrelling break with a neat pass for Adam West, a score that was cancelled out by Charlie Edwards.
Both were converted, Dan Watt doing the honours for A’s, and he converted again after a try from Lloyd Anderson.
That had put them ahead but by half-time the hosts led, a penalty and converted try giving them the edge.
An interception brought another home try and a 10-point lead before the sides traded penalties.
OAs did score the last try, Hughes getting it thanks to his support of Anderson, a score good enough to bring a losing bonus point.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 7 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 Drug dealer hid in child's playhouse to evade arrest in Harpenden
- 10 Harley-Davidson rider dies in A5183 Radlett crash
And they showed fight late on which will keep the confidence in the camp high.