National South Two: Old Albanian on other side of the coin as Tonbridge Juddians show defensive steel
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian could not follow up their big win over National League Two South leaders Rams as they fell to a 27-22 loss at Tonbridge Juddians.
Last week’s success was built on the back on titanic defensive effort but this week OAs were on the other side of such a display.
The first quarter was equal though as Charlie Hughes ended a barrelling break with a neat pass for Adam West, a score that was cancelled out by Charlie Edwards.
Both were converted, Dan Watt doing the honours for A’s, and he converted again after a try from Lloyd Anderson.
That had put them ahead but by half-time the hosts led, a penalty and converted try giving them the edge.
You may also want to watch:
An interception brought another home try and a 10-point lead before the sides traded penalties.
OAs did score the last try, Hughes getting it thanks to his support of Anderson, a score good enough to bring a losing bonus point.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
And they showed fight late on which will keep the confidence in the camp high.