National South Two: Old Albanian on other side of the coin as Tonbridge Juddians show defensive steel
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian could not follow up their big win over National League Two South leaders Rams as they fell to a 27-22 loss at Tonbridge Juddians.
Last week’s success was built on the back on titanic defensive effort but this week OAs were on the other side of such a display.
The first quarter was equal though as Charlie Hughes ended a barrelling break with a neat pass for Adam West, a score that was cancelled out by Charlie Edwards.
Both were converted, Dan Watt doing the honours for A’s, and he converted again after a try from Lloyd Anderson.
That had put them ahead but by half-time the hosts led, a penalty and converted try giving them the edge.
You may also want to watch:
An interception brought another home try and a 10-point lead before the sides traded penalties.
OAs did score the last try, Hughes getting it thanks to his support of Anderson, a score good enough to bring a losing bonus point.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
And they showed fight late on which will keep the confidence in the camp high.