National South: St Albans City unveil new signing in Hampton & Richmond Borough loss
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City gave a first appearance to a new signing in Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss at home to Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Richard Sho-Silva is a centre-half who spent last season at Dartford after spells in the midlands with Sutton Coldfield Town, Stourbridge, Halesowen and Kidderminster Harriers among others.
He came off the bench against the Beavers on 82 minutes and manager Ian Allinson is hoping he will be ready to start in the near future.
Allinson said: “He played at Biggleswade Town where he slightly strained his hamstring so he’s been with us all the time but this is the first time he felt comfortable enough to start playing again.
“It was good to get a few minutes into him and for me he’s a big unit at six foot three.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s an athlete, he’s strong and hopefully he will improve us from the defensive side of things.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall