National South: St Albans City unveil new signing in Hampton & Richmond Borough loss
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City gave a first appearance to a new signing in Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss at home to Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Richard Sho-Silva is a centre-half who spent last season at Dartford after spells in the midlands with Sutton Coldfield Town, Stourbridge, Halesowen and Kidderminster Harriers among others.
He came off the bench against the Beavers on 82 minutes and manager Ian Allinson is hoping he will be ready to start in the near future.
Allinson said: “He played at Biggleswade Town where he slightly strained his hamstring so he’s been with us all the time but this is the first time he felt comfortable enough to start playing again.
“It was good to get a few minutes into him and for me he’s a big unit at six foot three.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s an athlete, he’s strong and hopefully he will improve us from the defensive side of things.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 10 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter