Player ratings: Woking 2 St Albans City 1
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City travelled to Woking in the Vanarama National League South. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 7 – Couple of very good saves in the first half kept St Albans in the game. Solid in the second half too.
Ben Herd: 5 – Not as noticeable as he was on Saturday but did get forward from wing-back on a couple of occasions. Sent off for two yellows.
Tom Bender: 6 – Moved out to the left wing-back role for this one but never had the chance to get on the ball.
You may also want to watch:
David Noble: 6 – A surprise perhaps to see him involved again but another 90 minutes. Class always shows even as the years roll on.
Dave Diedhiou: 7 – Doesn’t look the most mobile at times but that is very deceptive. Powerfully built and didn’t let much beyond him. Replaced by Moyo.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
Harold Joseph: 8 – An absolute rock in the back three. Harsh that they conceded two late because he had defended superbly.
James Sage: 7 – Few shaky moments early on but a willing worker and grew into the game. Couple of great blocks and tackles.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Again not his best but made some quality tackles and linked defence with attack well.
Ralston Gabriel: 6 – Not as electric as his debut but was called a pest by his manager and you can see why. Never stops running.
Sam Merson: 6 – Partnership with Gabriel is coming slowly. Wasn’t a day when there were lots of chances but worked his socks off as usual.
Percy Kiangebeni: 6 – Wanted the ball all the time which as a young man in the centre of midfield is a great thing to see.
63’ David Moyo (7) on for Dave Diedhiou. Big chance but a wonderful debut goal.
66’ Khale Da Costa (6) on for Sam Merson. One great cross for Moyo.
87’ Zane Banton (n/a) on for David Noble.