Player ratings: Woking 2 St Albans City 1
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City travelled to Woking in the Vanarama National League South. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 7 – Couple of very good saves in the first half kept St Albans in the game. Solid in the second half too.
Ben Herd: 5 – Not as noticeable as he was on Saturday but did get forward from wing-back on a couple of occasions. Sent off for two yellows.
Tom Bender: 6 – Moved out to the left wing-back role for this one but never had the chance to get on the ball.
David Noble: 6 – A surprise perhaps to see him involved again but another 90 minutes. Class always shows even as the years roll on.
Dave Diedhiou: 7 – Doesn’t look the most mobile at times but that is very deceptive. Powerfully built and didn’t let much beyond him. Replaced by Moyo.
- 1 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 2 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 3 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 4 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Harold Joseph: 8 – An absolute rock in the back three. Harsh that they conceded two late because he had defended superbly.
James Sage: 7 – Few shaky moments early on but a willing worker and grew into the game. Couple of great blocks and tackles.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Again not his best but made some quality tackles and linked defence with attack well.
Ralston Gabriel: 6 – Not as electric as his debut but was called a pest by his manager and you can see why. Never stops running.
Sam Merson: 6 – Partnership with Gabriel is coming slowly. Wasn’t a day when there were lots of chances but worked his socks off as usual.
Percy Kiangebeni: 6 – Wanted the ball all the time which as a young man in the centre of midfield is a great thing to see.
63’ David Moyo (7) on for Dave Diedhiou. Big chance but a wonderful debut goal.
66’ Khale Da Costa (6) on for Sam Merson. One great cross for Moyo.
87’ Zane Banton (n/a) on for David Noble.