National League South: St Albans City 2 Hampton & Richmond Borough 3 - player ratings
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were back at Clarence Park as they took on Hampton & Richmond Borough in the Vanarama National League South. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 6 – Who’d be a goalkeeper? Little to do throughout but still conceded three. Little chance with the goals mind.
Khale Da Costa: 7 – A box of tricks going forward, he regularly gave the Hampton defence something to worry about. Subbed late on.
Tom Bender: 6 – Looks far happier at times in the middle of defence. Always firm in the challenge and a threat at set-pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Percy Kiangebeni: 5 – Not at the races tonight. Playing in a deep midfield role in the absence of Noble but never had the chance to get on the ball.
Harold Joseph: 6 – Had a tough time against man-mountain Craig Dundas and needed to be better. Didn’t get turned much though.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Tarik Moore-Azille: 6 – Like his partner didn’t have much to worry about but still disappointing to see three conceded. Replaced by Sho-Silva late on.
Ben Wyatt: 7 – Marked home debut with a goal but impressed up and down the left flank. RMW only got his chance when he escaped his attentions. Injury ended his game.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Better than the first couple of times I’ve seen him this year. He’s such a talented boy. When he’s on song, so are City.
Ralston Gabriel: 6 – One half-chance early on but has proved sometimes that’s all he needs. Buindled over in the box for the penalty.
David Moyo: 7 – People will point at his lack of goals but does so much more. Brings people into the game although perhaps should shoot a little bit more often. Great header rattled the bar.
Zane Banton: 6 – Started brightly and worked incredibly hard to link the midfield and attack. Defensive work wasn’t too bad at times either.
57’ Sam Merson (6) on for Ben Wyatt. Instant hero with the penalty, two minutes after coming on.
82’ Roman Michael-Percil (n/a) on for Khale Da Costa.
82’ Richard Sho-Silva (n/a) on for Tarik Moore-Azille. Debut