National League South: St Albans City 2 Hampton & Richmond Borough 3 - player ratings
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were back at Clarence Park as they took on Hampton & Richmond Borough in the Vanarama National League South. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 6 – Who’d be a goalkeeper? Little to do throughout but still conceded three. Little chance with the goals mind.
Khale Da Costa: 7 – A box of tricks going forward, he regularly gave the Hampton defence something to worry about. Subbed late on.
Tom Bender: 6 – Looks far happier at times in the middle of defence. Always firm in the challenge and a threat at set-pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Percy Kiangebeni: 5 – Not at the races tonight. Playing in a deep midfield role in the absence of Noble but never had the chance to get on the ball.
Harold Joseph: 6 – Had a tough time against man-mountain Craig Dundas and needed to be better. Didn’t get turned much though.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Tarik Moore-Azille: 6 – Like his partner didn’t have much to worry about but still disappointing to see three conceded. Replaced by Sho-Silva late on.
Ben Wyatt: 7 – Marked home debut with a goal but impressed up and down the left flank. RMW only got his chance when he escaped his attentions. Injury ended his game.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Better than the first couple of times I’ve seen him this year. He’s such a talented boy. When he’s on song, so are City.
Ralston Gabriel: 6 – One half-chance early on but has proved sometimes that’s all he needs. Buindled over in the box for the penalty.
David Moyo: 7 – People will point at his lack of goals but does so much more. Brings people into the game although perhaps should shoot a little bit more often. Great header rattled the bar.
Zane Banton: 6 – Started brightly and worked incredibly hard to link the midfield and attack. Defensive work wasn’t too bad at times either.
57’ Sam Merson (6) on for Ben Wyatt. Instant hero with the penalty, two minutes after coming on.
82’ Roman Michael-Percil (n/a) on for Khale Da Costa.
82’ Richard Sho-Silva (n/a) on for Tarik Moore-Azille. Debut