National League South: St Albans City 2 Concord Rangers 0 - player ratings
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City made it three National League South wins in a row when they entertained Concord Rangers. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players at Clarence Park in the 2-0 win.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 7 – Two great stops in the first half at crucial times. First beat out a Jack Midson drive & second was hoofed off the line following a scramble at a corner. Solid under crosses too.
Ben Herd: 6 – Rampaging runs up and down the right flank as usual but without the reward this week. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t effective at times.
Tom Bender: 9 – Simply outstanding contending with the bigger but not as strong Alex Wall. Pretty dominant everywhere else too.
You may also want to watch:
David Noble: 7 – Not quite the rasping drive the City Twitter feed would have you believe but an important goal at an important time none the less. For the rest of the game he was his usual dependable self.
Lewis Knight: 7 – I was trying to think what to give as a mark and it was then I realised he just quietly and effectively gone about his business. Won almost every header that came his way.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Richard Sho-Silva: 6 – Replaced after 29 minutes when he picked up a bang to the knee, picked up when he fell to the floor by the touchline. Up until then he had looked solid.
Ben Wyatt: 6 – Quieter game than usual for August’s player of the month. Got himself twisted into knots at time but still oozed quality from time to time. Better second half.
Dave Diedhiou: 7 – Just so impressive, and does it all with an air of almost nonchalance. Looked good in midfield until he was put further back following Sho-Silva’s injury but that didn’t phase him at all either.
Sam Merson: 6 – Has the ability to turn a game at a moment’s notice but when he plays tends to get too many long, high balls played to him. Didn’t have many chances with the ball on the floor.
David Moyo: 7 – He does a lot of hard work which normally goes unseen, such as the running of the channels and forcing the defenders into quick action. This game was no different.
Percy Kiangebeni: 8 – Been critical of him in some games earlier this season. Not today. From the first five minutes where he made three big tackles was constantly in the action and driving Saints forward. Wonderful goal too.
29’ Solomon Sambou (6) on for Richard Sho-Silva. Difficult to get into a game as a sub, even if it is early on. No mistakes though and grew into the game.
75’ Ralston Gabriel (n/a) on for Sam Merson.
80’ Khale Da Costa (n/a) on for David Moyo.