National League One player suspended for voilating anti-doping policy
- Credit: Archant
A NATIONAL League One player has been handed a ywo-year ban for an anti-doping violation by the Rugby Football Union (RFU).
Jack Warrington, who plays for Sedgley Park RFC in the same league Old Albanian, tested positive for Methylhexaneamine (MHA), a prohibited stimulant, after appearing for Sedgley Park in an SSE National League One match against Loughborough Students on November 10, 2012.
Antony Davies, sitting as a single judicial officer, suspended him from November 23, 2012 (the date of the original temporary suspension) until November 23, 2014. He is free to play again the following day.
Davies said: “Having heard from the player about his personal circumstances and the level at which he plays, it is not difficult to conclude that he may well not be a player who deliberately uses performance enhancing substances.
“I note his protestations of innocence and disavowal of motive. However they are not sufficient to discharge the burden of proof in this case and I simply cannot be satisfied as to how MHA came to be in the player’s system. When a player tests positive, the burden of proof passes to him.
You may also want to watch:
“This must be a wake-up call to players, whether professional or amateur, particularly with regard to the use of supplements.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order