National and county success for gymnasts across St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The season continues to get better for Phoebe Peacock as she lifted a national gymnastics title
The 10-year-old who goes to Cunningham Hill School in St Albans was crowned individual champion at the event in Stoke.
That was out of a field of 56 that saw her compete in floor, bars, beam, vault and range and conditioning disciplines.
She said: "I was delighted with my performance and am ecstatic at having won the National Championship."
Peacock also won the silver as part of the East team.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Eva Bates and Lucy Bolding from St Albans Gymnastics Club competed in the Hertfordshire Level Seven Gymnastics Competition in Stevenage with Bates clinching the county title.
A beautiful floor routine placed Bolding middle of the pack in her first competition.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
Coaches Nancy Harris and Richard Wilson said: "We are extremely proud of both of the gymnasts. They have worked hard to achieve this result."