Nathan trebles up as Cents stay unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
A hat-trick of tries from full-back Isaak Nathan gave St Albans Centurions U13s their second successive win in the London League.
Nathan’s triple was three of eight tries scored by the Cents in a 40-0 rout of Colchester Rhinos.
The scoreline did not reflect the game as the Essex outfit provided a stern test for the Cents, but one they stood up to thanks to sure tackling, quick hands and good decisions.
Captain Harry Dean scored the first of his two tries to open the scoring before Nathan darted over. Two more tries, from Matt Cannon and Ryan Hill, put Cents into a commanding 20-0 lead.
Nathan and Dean doubled their tallies after the break to extend the advantage to 30-0. Nathan completed his hat-trick and Matt Naylor rounded off the scoring as they scythed through the defence.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Craig Naylor said: “I am delighted with the strength across our whole team and the spirit that is developing within the squad – they are a great bunch of lads and they really do enjoy their rugby league.
“We are sitting second in the league after two games and I believe we will have a good season.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Cents have drawn a bye for the first round of the League Cup on the April 11, but will be at their home ground at Toulmin Drive for their next match against London Skolars U13s on Saturday, April 18, kick off 12.45pm.