Nathan trebles up as Cents stay unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
A hat-trick of tries from full-back Isaak Nathan gave St Albans Centurions U13s their second successive win in the London League.
Nathan’s triple was three of eight tries scored by the Cents in a 40-0 rout of Colchester Rhinos.
The scoreline did not reflect the game as the Essex outfit provided a stern test for the Cents, but one they stood up to thanks to sure tackling, quick hands and good decisions.
Captain Harry Dean scored the first of his two tries to open the scoring before Nathan darted over. Two more tries, from Matt Cannon and Ryan Hill, put Cents into a commanding 20-0 lead.
Nathan and Dean doubled their tallies after the break to extend the advantage to 30-0. Nathan completed his hat-trick and Matt Naylor rounded off the scoring as they scythed through the defence.
Coach Craig Naylor said: “I am delighted with the strength across our whole team and the spirit that is developing within the squad – they are a great bunch of lads and they really do enjoy their rugby league.
“We are sitting second in the league after two games and I believe we will have a good season.”
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
Cents have drawn a bye for the first round of the League Cup on the April 11, but will be at their home ground at Toulmin Drive for their next match against London Skolars U13s on Saturday, April 18, kick off 12.45pm.