Nathan satisfied with opening draw for Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s manager Michael Nathan was satisfied with his team’s effort after they claimed a 1-1 draw in their opening Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division game away to St Margaretsbury.
And the main reason for his satisfaction was that they played almost 60 minutes with just 10 men after Danielson Vincente was sent off.
Despite that the Magpies were arguably the better side and hit the frame of the home goal on a number of occasions.
The former St Margaretsbury man, Adam Lawton, scored on his Heath debut to secure a point.
Nathan said: “How we didn’t win I don’t know. We hit the post twice and the crossbar twice.
“We did have to give them a kick at half-time. We were trying to be too perfect so we told them to play their football.”
Nathan also admitted there is a quiet confidence about the Recreation Ground side this season.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
He added: “We want to improve game by game and we can surprise some people this year.
“The club is steeped in history and we want to do it justice whether that’s fighting in the league or cups.
“We’re back in the FA Vase this year and the FA Cup next which is a massive boost for the club.
“But we’re not running before we can walk. We’re willing to learn.”
Colney Heath’s next game is on Saturday at Oxhey Jets before they host Sun Sports on Tuesday.