Nathan satisfied with opening draw for Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s manager Michael Nathan was satisfied with his team’s effort after they claimed a 1-1 draw in their opening Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division game away to St Margaretsbury.
And the main reason for his satisfaction was that they played almost 60 minutes with just 10 men after Danielson Vincente was sent off.
Despite that the Magpies were arguably the better side and hit the frame of the home goal on a number of occasions.
The former St Margaretsbury man, Adam Lawton, scored on his Heath debut to secure a point.
Nathan said: “How we didn’t win I don’t know. We hit the post twice and the crossbar twice.
You may also want to watch:
“We did have to give them a kick at half-time. We were trying to be too perfect so we told them to play their football.”
Nathan also admitted there is a quiet confidence about the Recreation Ground side this season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
He added: “We want to improve game by game and we can surprise some people this year.
“The club is steeped in history and we want to do it justice whether that’s fighting in the league or cups.
“We’re back in the FA Vase this year and the FA Cup next which is a massive boost for the club.
“But we’re not running before we can walk. We’re willing to learn.”
Colney Heath’s next game is on Saturday at Oxhey Jets before they host Sun Sports on Tuesday.