Nathan Oliver nets double for Colney Colts
LONDON COLNEY COLTS NATHAN Oliver scored twice as the Under 16s progressed in the League Cup with a 2-1 win against London Maccabi Lions. In the Challenge Cup they overcame Leverstock Green 4-3 with Allan Nyakudzuka scoring a superb hat trick
LONDON COLNEY COLTS
NATHAN Oliver scored twice as the Under 16s progressed in the League Cup with a 2-1 win against London Maccabi Lions. In the Challenge Cup they overcame Leverstock Green 4-3 with Allan Nyakudzuka scoring a superb hat trick and Cole Beels netting one.
At home to Enfield Rangers, the Under 15s North secured their first point since being promoted to White Division of the Watford Friendly League. Gary Hatchett scored the goal for a 1-1 draw and impressive goalkeeper James Tammaro was named Man of the Match.
Yannick Saminaden scored a hat trick as the Under 14s recorded their first win of the season at home to Echoes Amber in a thrilling match. After going down 2-0 down, Colts hit back to win 5-3. Robert Smith and Brandon O'Malley also scored. The Man of the Match award went to Tom Church for outstanding effort in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
A very strong squad performance saw the Under 13s storm into the second round of the County Cup with a 7-1 victory away at Hemel Hempstead Town. Kyler Pye scored twice and Jordan Donovan netted once with Man of the Match Cameron Leijgrave scoring four goals.
Captain James Juster scored for the Under 12s from the penalty spot after forward Connor Rylands was fouled but City hit back to win 4-1. Goalkeeper Darrius Wilding, midfielder Daniel Whitley and right back Miraj Mistry played well.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
The Under 11s kept up their 100% record with a midweek away win at Gadeside Rangers Red. Jamie Bill opened the scoring with an excellent finish after good work from Ben Smalley. Karl Martins capped an excellent display by powering Colts second goal late on to secure a 2-0 win. The hard working Natasha Cioffi was named Man of the Match.
On Sunday the Under 11s safely progressed to the next round of the County Cup with a 10-0 win against a London Road side with only seven players. Karl Martins led the way with a hat trick and Ben Carman and Shaun Aylward scored a brace each, with singles from Miguel Geraldes, Jamie Bill and a first ever club goal by William Adam. Ben Smalley was named Man of the Match.
The Under 9s had a fantastic opening fixture away to Everett Rovers. With two goals from Aaron Diviney and a third from Danny Diviney in the first half, the match finished 3-1. Ryan Sutton exhibited some great goalkeeping skills and Man of the Match went to new signing Alessandro Fardella.
Goals from Jaidan Abraham, Armando Shashoua, Man of the Match Jaidan Bennett, Lewis Chippington and an own goal ensured the Under 8s beat Omonia Green 5-2.