Nathan nets winner for Rangers
St Albans Rangers NATHAN Connolly struck the winner as the Under 18s beat Alexandra Park East 3-2. An own goal and a Harry Irving strike had earlier kept the scores level. Goalkeeper Ethan Foggarty was named Man of the Match as he made some tremendous sav
St Albans Rangers
NATHAN Connolly struck the winner as the Under 18s beat Alexandra Park East 3-2. An own goal and a Harry Irving strike had earlier kept the scores level. Goalkeeper Ethan Foggarty was named Man of the Match as he made some tremendous saves.
The Under 16s won 1-0 with a late goal from Matt Chapman after an assist from Nick Emson. Tom Bailey made a crucial tackle in the penalty area in the last minute to avert a certain equaliser. Matt Sears-Black was named Man of the Match for an excellent defensive and attacking performance.
The Under 15s lost 7-4 to Stevenage Borough Tigers in the Herts County Cup, but can take great pride in a stirring comeback in the second half. Alistair Sandiford scored in the first half but Rangers went in 5-1 down. After the break an awesome shot from Enzo Davino and two clinical finishes by Man of the Match Matthew Oliver ensured the side could take much credit. Makoye Kampengele provided some fine assists and Jack Connolly caused havoc as an attacking left back, linking well with George Degnan. Captain Jonny Kilpatrick inspired the team with a solid defensive display.
You may also want to watch:
Mac Keating scored and two own goals ensured the Under 12s Reds beat Hadley Rangers East 3-1. Man of the Match Anthony Stephens played well on the right flank and was supported well by Sidney Jordan. Harry Eames and Ben St Clair played well.
Aidan Nugent was named Man of the Match as the Under 10s Red drew 4-4 against Cassiobury Panthers in an exciting match. Alex Tyers scored in the first minute following some good link up play and Joshua Emmins scored his second hat trick of the season.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The Under 9s Reds got back to winning ways with a fine performance to beat Harvesters East 3-1.
Striker Katie Cronin scored a hat trick as the Under 12s/Under 13s Belles beat Knebworth Youth 6-0 in the Hertfordshire Girls Football Partnership League Cup First Round. Jessica Roots netted twice and Player of the Match Rebecca Mihill scored after a great run down the left.