Naismith and Roe steer Redbourn to victory
- Credit: Archant
George Naismith and Dan Roe hit a superb 162 to hand Redbourn a eight-wicket victory over Hertford in Saracens Herts Division Three A.
Naismith hit 11 fours and three sixes in his unbeaten 83, his highest score of the season. Roe matched his team-mate’s number of fours and cleared the rope once to carry his bat for 68.
Their unbroken partnership of 162 saw Redbourn surpass Hertford’s 189 target.
The match-winning stand was initially a rescue operation after Hertford Michael Ives stumped Simon Osman for 15 and pouched an edge from Davie Irwin, leaving Redbourn at 26-2 in the 10th over.
The duo steadied the ship, picking their spots methodically as they went for under three an over. It wasn’t until they reached 70-2 in the 20th over that they began to unshackle themselves and play with more freedom.
You may also want to watch:
Hertford’s bowlers did an excellent job of keeping the run rate to a minimum but they were unable to make the breakthrough needed to swing the game in their favour. And it cost them any chance of victory as Redbourn won the game in the 40th over.
Redbourn’s bowlers did a superb job of limiting scoring opportunities, restricting eight batsmen to 16 runs or less. Connor Yorath and Adam Pritchard were the pick of the bowlers, taking three wickets each.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'