Mulla magic takes Radlett to Letchworth success
- Credit: Archant
A magnificent seven wickets from Abdulrahim Mulla saw Radlett to a comfortable 45-run success at Letchworth Garden City in SHCL Premier Division.
Radlett’s innings had ended with the penultimate ball on 192 but Mulla’s 7-24 made sure the victory would head home with the visitors.
It moves Radlett into second, 32 points behind leaders Welwyn Garden City with three games to play before the end-of-year play-offs.
Josh De Caires top scored for Radlett with the bat, getting 56 and there were solid innings also from Kurtlyn Mannikam (43) and Fakir Dungaria (34).
In reply Letchworth had reached 62-1 and looked in complete control before the introduction of Mulla caused a dramatic collapse to 80-5.
You may also want to watch:
The dismissal of home captain Will Bates, caught by William Wright off the bowling of Dungaria, ended the game as a contest.
Radlett host Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans