Muddy Monsters delight for Verulam Cycling Club
- Credit: Judith Parry
Having coached it for many years, Verulam Cycling Club took a first step into the world of junior cyclo-cross races when they hosted the latest round of Muddy Monsters.
It is a series of races aimed at kids across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire who have never raced before.
All events were keenly contested, with the U8 and U10 races on a short course at the Marlborough Club in St Albans particularly so.
The U12, U14 and U16s rode a longer course that used part of the existing BMX park.
Delighted Verulam club chairman Doug Driscoll said: “Although this was the first competitive youth cyclo-cross event we have organised, it turned out to be a fantastic day of bike racing in St Albans
You may also want to watch:
“We saw a number of notable performances from our own Verulam CC youths and British Cycling were so impressed by the success of the event that they have asked us to run two races next season.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared