Muddy Monsters delight for Verulam Cycling Club
- Credit: Judith Parry
Having coached it for many years, Verulam Cycling Club took a first step into the world of junior cyclo-cross races when they hosted the latest round of Muddy Monsters.
It is a series of races aimed at kids across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire who have never raced before.
All events were keenly contested, with the U8 and U10 races on a short course at the Marlborough Club in St Albans particularly so.
The U12, U14 and U16s rode a longer course that used part of the existing BMX park.
Delighted Verulam club chairman Doug Driscoll said: “Although this was the first competitive youth cyclo-cross event we have organised, it turned out to be a fantastic day of bike racing in St Albans
You may also want to watch:
“We saw a number of notable performances from our own Verulam CC youths and British Cycling were so impressed by the success of the event that they have asked us to run two races next season.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden