More victories for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
Both men’s and women’s teams at St Albans Hockey Club continued their fine run of form with more victories on Saturday.
The women enjoyed the biggest success, winning 5-1 against Southgate in the Investec Cup.
However, the men got the award for most excitement as a last-gasp strike gave them a 2-1 win at unbeaten Harleston Magpies and kept them top of the league.
Matt Davey got both, the second a low drag flick that the keeper couldn’t deal with.
Head coach Andy Bowskill said: “In high-quality games, set-piece conversions will often make the difference. Scoring two from only three awards was critical to our victory in this memorable game”.
You may also want to watch:
Teres Figallo, Adele Sammons twice, Amie Hone and Katie Hockley got the goals for the Ladies while 16-year-old Martha Hoult marked herself out as a player for the future with a player-of-the-match performance.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25