More titles for Harpenden Bowls Club at district finals
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club’s trophy case is getting set for another delivery after a successful day at the district finals.
Linda Brooks won a thrilling Championship Singles against Joyce Terry of Harperbury in dramatic style.
With championship shot against her, her last bowl took the jack out of the head and secured three shots and a 21-20 win.
Dena Roberts also won the Officers Singles 21-11 against Rita Wilsmore.
Two men’s teams reached the finals as well although with mixed results.
You may also want to watch:
Barrie Hills, Keith Davison, Trevor Tharby and Gordon Burrow won a tight Fours match against Hatfield to become champions while the Two Wood Triples team of Steve Maynard, Roy Polley and Trevor Tharby just came up short against Townsend.
Maynard, Polley and Brian Moores also scored a notable success by winning the Strofton Triples Trophy against 16 top teams from around the district.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor