More titles for Harpenden Bowls Club at district finals
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club’s trophy case is getting set for another delivery after a successful day at the district finals.
Linda Brooks won a thrilling Championship Singles against Joyce Terry of Harperbury in dramatic style.
With championship shot against her, her last bowl took the jack out of the head and secured three shots and a 21-20 win.
Dena Roberts also won the Officers Singles 21-11 against Rita Wilsmore.
Two men’s teams reached the finals as well although with mixed results.
You may also want to watch:
Barrie Hills, Keith Davison, Trevor Tharby and Gordon Burrow won a tight Fours match against Hatfield to become champions while the Two Wood Triples team of Steve Maynard, Roy Polley and Trevor Tharby just came up short against Townsend.
Maynard, Polley and Brian Moores also scored a notable success by winning the Strofton Triples Trophy against 16 top teams from around the district.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre