More success on the football pitch for Fleetville Junior School
- Credit: Archant
Fleetville Junior School have continued their fine footballing tradition with more success.
The Year 5 boys won the St Albans six-a-side tournament at Colney Heath School, topping their group before beating Wheatfields in the final thanks to a solitary goal from Jed Telford.
They will now represent St Albans in the county tournament with a place in the national finals at stake.
And the girls joined in with a top four place at the South of England finals of the National Trust Cup.
After getting out of their group, they beat Dagenham & Redbridge on penalties with two saves from keeper Evie Warwick and goals from Erin Pearce and Stella Ekblad-Pisticelli before losing to Aldershot Town in the semis.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Lumsdon, sports co-ordinator at Fleetville said: “The development, attitude and skill is a joy to be a part of and is a credit to the hard work the children put in and the support of the parents.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues