More success on the football pitch for Fleetville Junior School
- Credit: Archant
Fleetville Junior School have continued their fine footballing tradition with more success.
The Year 5 boys won the St Albans six-a-side tournament at Colney Heath School, topping their group before beating Wheatfields in the final thanks to a solitary goal from Jed Telford.
They will now represent St Albans in the county tournament with a place in the national finals at stake.
And the girls joined in with a top four place at the South of England finals of the National Trust Cup.
After getting out of their group, they beat Dagenham & Redbridge on penalties with two saves from keeper Evie Warwick and goals from Erin Pearce and Stella Ekblad-Pisticelli before losing to Aldershot Town in the semis.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Lumsdon, sports co-ordinator at Fleetville said: “The development, attitude and skill is a joy to be a part of and is a credit to the hard work the children put in and the support of the parents.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public