More success on and off road for Verulam Reallymoving and Verulam Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
There was more success on both road and mud for Verulam Reallymoving Race Team.
Alarik Knox, his sister Emma, John Jones and Alfie Aldridge all got themselves on the podium in the final round of the Central Cyclo-cross League, held at Hillingdon.
Aldridge managed second in the U16 race but all of the other three managed to go one step better.
Alarik Knox won the U10s while Emma, who was riding for parent club Verulam CC, was first across the line in the U8s.
Jones won the V50 race at the same event, a result which seals his second place overall in the league.
You may also want to watch:
The Eastern Region Cyclo-cross League series also concluded with Tom Martin’s strong form earning him third junior in the event held at Milton County Park in Cambridgeshire.
On the road Will Smith was fifth and Jamie Maxen seventh in the Hillingdon Slipstreamers Winter Series U16 race while Beth Watson was second in the U14 girls.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall