More red card woes for St Albans City as they are sunk by Ebbsfleet
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City picked up a fourth red card in three Vanarama National League South games as they fell to a 3-1 defeat at Ebbsfleet United.
Tom Bender was given a straight red for a tackle in the 74th minute of the clash at Stonebridge Road but in truth the game was over as a contest long before that.
Saints found themselves 3-0 down after just 21 minutes, and conceded the first after a mere eight seconds.
On-loan Stevenage striker Dipo Akinyemi had pulled one back for City early in the second half but it turned out to be just a consolation.
Photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were in the crowd to record the action.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans turn their attention back to the FA Cup on Saturday when they host Worthing in the third qualifying round at Clarence Park.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
There is better news for City’s left-back as he has been named the Harpenden Construction Limited Player of the Month for September.
The presentation to Bender will be made prior to Saturday’s game by Jack Press of The Press Gang, who sponsor the September 2016 award.