More podium positions for Verulam Reallymoving youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Two of Verulam Reallymoving’s younger riders picked up further podium positions to cement the St Albans-based racing team’s fine start to 2018.
In the latest round of Winter Series races at Hillingdon, Cody Nelson and Beth Watson both finished second in their respective races.
Teammates Jamie Maxen and Will Smith both achieved top-10 positions in the U14 event.
Nelson, who is also a member of the Oaklands Cycling Academy, was part of the work done to pull back two early leaders. And once they were back in the main bunch, he sat in until the last lap.
He said: “I was in an ideal position on the fourth wheel and moved up to second by the last bend. I waited for the attack to happen and once it did I was slowly closing the gap.
You may also want to watch:
“I put in a last kick, but left it a little bit too late but I was still very pleased to have got second place.”
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches