More podium positions for Verulam Reallymoving youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Two of Verulam Reallymoving’s younger riders picked up further podium positions to cement the St Albans-based racing team’s fine start to 2018.
In the latest round of Winter Series races at Hillingdon, Cody Nelson and Beth Watson both finished second in their respective races.
Teammates Jamie Maxen and Will Smith both achieved top-10 positions in the U14 event.
Nelson, who is also a member of the Oaklands Cycling Academy, was part of the work done to pull back two early leaders. And once they were back in the main bunch, he sat in until the last lap.
He said: “I was in an ideal position on the fourth wheel and moved up to second by the last bend. I waited for the attack to happen and once it did I was slowly closing the gap.
“I put in a last kick, but left it a little bit too late but I was still very pleased to have got second place.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80