More podium positions for Verulam Reallymoving youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Two of Verulam Reallymoving’s younger riders picked up further podium positions to cement the St Albans-based racing team’s fine start to 2018.
In the latest round of Winter Series races at Hillingdon, Cody Nelson and Beth Watson both finished second in their respective races.
Teammates Jamie Maxen and Will Smith both achieved top-10 positions in the U14 event.
Nelson, who is also a member of the Oaklands Cycling Academy, was part of the work done to pull back two early leaders. And once they were back in the main bunch, he sat in until the last lap.
He said: “I was in an ideal position on the fourth wheel and moved up to second by the last bend. I waited for the attack to happen and once it did I was slowly closing the gap.
You may also want to watch:
“I put in a last kick, but left it a little bit too late but I was still very pleased to have got second place.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall