More podium positions for Verulam Reallymoving youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Two of Verulam Reallymoving’s younger riders picked up further podium positions to cement the St Albans-based racing team’s fine start to 2018.
In the latest round of Winter Series races at Hillingdon, Cody Nelson and Beth Watson both finished second in their respective races.
Teammates Jamie Maxen and Will Smith both achieved top-10 positions in the U14 event.
Nelson, who is also a member of the Oaklands Cycling Academy, was part of the work done to pull back two early leaders. And once they were back in the main bunch, he sat in until the last lap.
He said: “I was in an ideal position on the fourth wheel and moved up to second by the last bend. I waited for the attack to happen and once it did I was slowly closing the gap.
You may also want to watch:
“I put in a last kick, but left it a little bit too late but I was still very pleased to have got second place.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development