More midfield for Kaloczi
- Credit: Archant
James Kaloczi’s future may be at centre-back but St Albans City see him in midfield for the time being.
The 19-year-old was superb for the Saints in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Concord Rangers. He dominated the midfield and it was his challenge that allowed John Frendo to set up Michael Malcolm for the opening goal.
Kaloczi was voted man of the match by fans on the Herts Ad website.
While his long-term prospects remain at centre-back, Kaloczi and Omar Beckles looked terrific as holding midfielders and may have forced the managers to keep them there.
“James Kaloczi was outstanding,” said joint manager James Gray. “He played at centre-back against Hadley on Tuesday and I’m not going to say he was shaky, but, for me, he looks naturally better in holding midfield at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“Him and Omar won every first and second ball for 60, 70 minutes. We’re pleased about that [partnership].”
Saturday’s game was Kaloczi’s second since returning to St Albans from a two-month loan at Ryman Premier outfit Wingate and Finchley.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads