More midfield for Kaloczi
- Credit: Archant
James Kaloczi’s future may be at centre-back but St Albans City see him in midfield for the time being.
The 19-year-old was superb for the Saints in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Concord Rangers. He dominated the midfield and it was his challenge that allowed John Frendo to set up Michael Malcolm for the opening goal.
Kaloczi was voted man of the match by fans on the Herts Ad website.
While his long-term prospects remain at centre-back, Kaloczi and Omar Beckles looked terrific as holding midfielders and may have forced the managers to keep them there.
“James Kaloczi was outstanding,” said joint manager James Gray. “He played at centre-back against Hadley on Tuesday and I’m not going to say he was shaky, but, for me, he looks naturally better in holding midfield at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“Him and Omar won every first and second ball for 60, 70 minutes. We’re pleased about that [partnership].”
Saturday’s game was Kaloczi’s second since returning to St Albans from a two-month loan at Ryman Premier outfit Wingate and Finchley.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'