More marathons for Striders
- Credit: Archant
STRIDERS’ marathon runners were pounding the streets again this week only a week after the London event.
In the Dusseldorf Marathon Rav Dighe finished in a cool 3hrs 25mins 10secs.
Meanwhile in the Shakespeare Marathon in Stratford-upon-Avon, Kathryn Hall posted 4hrs 37mins 46secs less than two weeks after completing most of the Boston Marathon. Hall is nearing her hundredth marathon.
Helen Durance completed Manchester Marathon in 3hrs 55mins 44secs, her first sub-four hour marathon and just a week after completing the London Marathon, and two weeks after finishing in the Brighton Marathon.
In the St Albans 5k Parkrun, Strider Pablo Plaza Lastras led the race in 17mins 34secs closely followed by Steve Cockrell, who finished 10 seconds later. Strider Joe Dunn was third in 17mins 44secs and Jenny Maddocks was first lady in 19mins 44secs.
You may also want to watch:
The Striders marathon times were: Simon Riley (2:44:35); Gary Warren (2:46); Martin Whitworth (2:53); Mark Castleton (2:53); Nick Downing (2:56); Richard Harry (2:57); Deborah Strider (3:04); Colin Braybrook (3:11); Mark Taplin (3:18); Stephen Smith (3:19); Penny Habbick (3:20); Claire Kremer (3:26); Martin Halling (3:27); Deirdre Heydecker (3:32); Peter Clarke (3:43); Richard Olney (3:49); Mandy Attree (3:57); Carol Ransom (3:59); Emma Ward (4:06); Lucy Stern (4:08); Lucy Martin (4:09); Helen Varley (4:10); Howard Bull (4:17); Laura Hawkins (4:19); Jim Miller (4:20); Dwight Williams (4:30); Carole Mooney (4:47); Sheryl Norman (4:58); Caroline Skyrme (5:16);
For anybody inspired by recent marathons and wanting to test themselves over 10k, the Striders will be hosting a 10k race in St Albans on May 12. For budding runners wanting to improve their running a six-week course starts May 7. See www.stalbansstriders.com for details.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land