Moran joins Chesham
Defender ends second spell at Clarence Park
EXPERIENCED defender Ryan Moran has ended his second spell at Clarence Park to join Southern League rivals Chesham United.
The 29-year-old felt it was time for a change of scenery and boss David Howell has allowed the defender to move on following an approach from Chesham last week.
Moran last played for the Saints in their 6-1 defeat to Barwell before sitting out the final matches of 2011 due to a four-match ban that he received following his red card in the defeat at Leamington, his second red card of the campaign.
“Ryan Moran has gone to Chesham,” Howell confirmed following Saturday’s victory over Leamington.
You may also want to watch:
“There are going to be some other movements, some people coming and going but at the moment that is the main one.
“I got a call from Andy Leese at Chesham; Andy enquired what the position with him was and I said I need to speak to him, if he speaks to me then I can let you know. I got a phone call from Ryan and we had a chat about everything. He felt he needed a change and I don’t disagree with him because he felt that he let himself down and the team down and I said no you didn’t let anybody down; I was the manager, I was picking you and if you weren’t performing then that is not your fault it is mine for picking you.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works