Mixed weekend for Jack Scott as victory is followed by crash
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden racer Jack Scott suffered a mixed weekend in the latest round of the Aprilla Superteen – winning the first race before crashing out in race two.
The 15-year-old was racing in round five of the series at the Oulton Park Circuit and managed to claim pole position after qualifying.
Dry track conditions on Saturday saw Scott lead the race from start to finish with a 10 second gap.
However, in true British summer style, the afternoon was plagued with on-off showers which meant Scott went out for race two on wet tyres.
He got off to a great start, gaining a similar 10 second gap to the previous race.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the weather took its toll, and on the penultimate lap he lost his front wheel, resulting in a failure to finish.
Fortunately both rider and bike came out fine, with a positive outlook for the next race at Rockingham.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
A spokesman for Scott’s JJ Racing team said: “Despite being disappointed with the second race, Jack did excellently, maintaining a second place on the championship leader board.”