Mixed weekend for Jack Scott as victory is followed by crash
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden racer Jack Scott suffered a mixed weekend in the latest round of the Aprilla Superteen – winning the first race before crashing out in race two.
The 15-year-old was racing in round five of the series at the Oulton Park Circuit and managed to claim pole position after qualifying.
Dry track conditions on Saturday saw Scott lead the race from start to finish with a 10 second gap.
However, in true British summer style, the afternoon was plagued with on-off showers which meant Scott went out for race two on wet tyres.
He got off to a great start, gaining a similar 10 second gap to the previous race.
Unfortunately, the weather took its toll, and on the penultimate lap he lost his front wheel, resulting in a failure to finish.
Fortunately both rider and bike came out fine, with a positive outlook for the next race at Rockingham.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
A spokesman for Scott’s JJ Racing team said: “Despite being disappointed with the second race, Jack did excellently, maintaining a second place on the championship leader board.”