BATCHWOOD S midweek friendly match at Owls on a fast green proved to be too difficult for the visitors with Owls winning by the large margin of 67 shots (70-137). The only winning and therefore top rink for Batchwood was skipped by the mid-week captain
BATCHWOOD'S midweek friendly match at Owls on a fast green proved to be too difficult for the visitors with Owls winning by the large margin of 67 shots (70-137).
The only winning and therefore top rink for Batchwood was skipped by the mid-week captain Don Gould - S Ward, A Baddams, E Jacobs, D Gould (32-18).
Batchwood were hosts for the first time to Beech Hill (Luton) and due to a misunderstanding the match was played as a three rink game instead of over four rinks.
Batchwood lost by 83 shots to 48 which was not a true reflection of the match with the majority of good fortune going to the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Batchwood's only winning rink and top rink was: D Norrell, V Pontin, S Endericks, J Taylor (21-17).
Batchwood Hall Ladies continued their winning start to the season with two more wins this week, making it one of their best starts to a season.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Away to Harpenden a very close game ended with Batchwood winning by 72 shots to 66. Top Rink: Betty Leyland, Sylvia Brewster, Teresa Wood and skip Liz Schlatter (20-13).
Batchwood Hall were at home to Potten End and won by 65 shots to 49.
Top Rink: Pat Chandler, Pauline Jones, Barbara Palmer and skip Elsie Cooksley (22-13).
Batchwood Hall Ladies were drawn against each other in the second round of the Triples competition on May 7, which resulted in a win for Teresa Wood, Jackie Bell and Liz Schlatter against Nora Endericks, Pat Savage and Pam Ward.
Batchwood Hall Ladies were drawn against local opposition in the first round of the Top Club Competition. Batchwood were away to Harpenden and lost by 83 shots to 59.