Mixed bag in District Singles for St Albans Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
There were mixed fortunes for St Albans bowlers in the District Singles Competition.
From the first round matches played this week, there were wins for Kevin Hull and Steve Wilson but defeats for Ted Salvidge and Dave Church.
Wilson and Church were also in action in the District Officers Singles Competition but suffered narrow losses to David Salmon of Potters Bar and Peter Thomson of Townsend respectively.
There was better news for Ken Budd though who beat Richard Lush of Hatfield 21-7.
In the National Mixed Fours the St Albans team of Pauline Gardiner, Bob Pomeroy, Tricia Gascoine and John Bartlett lost to a strong Harpenden side.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies picked up a 36-27 win over Batchwood in a three-rink friendly triples match and there was more success on Saturday in a four-rink friendly triples with a 76-55 win over Baldock.
However, this couldn’t be continued on Sunday as the club went down to 72-63 defeat to Wardown Park.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school