Mixed bag in District Singles for St Albans Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
There were mixed fortunes for St Albans bowlers in the District Singles Competition.
From the first round matches played this week, there were wins for Kevin Hull and Steve Wilson but defeats for Ted Salvidge and Dave Church.
Wilson and Church were also in action in the District Officers Singles Competition but suffered narrow losses to David Salmon of Potters Bar and Peter Thomson of Townsend respectively.
There was better news for Ken Budd though who beat Richard Lush of Hatfield 21-7.
In the National Mixed Fours the St Albans team of Pauline Gardiner, Bob Pomeroy, Tricia Gascoine and John Bartlett lost to a strong Harpenden side.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies picked up a 36-27 win over Batchwood in a three-rink friendly triples match and there was more success on Saturday in a four-rink friendly triples with a 76-55 win over Baldock.
However, this couldn’t be continued on Sunday as the club went down to 72-63 defeat to Wardown Park.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church