Minis take on Richmond Warriors
St Albans Centurions Minis have had a busy two weeks, as the rugby league season for primary age children got into full swing.
The period started with a festival hosted by Richmond Warriors to which the Cents took squads at U11 and U9.
The U11s played four matches and registered a draw and three losses. The U9 outshone their older counterparts, winning two and drawing one in their five games.
The U11s travelled to North London to take part in a three-way tournament with Medway Dragons and London Skolars. They beat Dragons and suffered a narrow defeat to Skolars.
Speaking after the trip, coach Gary Tetlow said: “The week has been a great opportunity for the boys and girls to really put into practice the skills they are picking up in training.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so pleased with the effort, skill and bravery. The festival style events allow us to rotate the players, let them experience new playing positions and find their place.’
Both teams play a friendly on Thursday at Samuel Ryder Academy, 6pm. For more information, contact email@example.com or 07713472091.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years