Minis take on Richmond Warriors
St Albans Centurions Minis have had a busy two weeks, as the rugby league season for primary age children got into full swing.
The period started with a festival hosted by Richmond Warriors to which the Cents took squads at U11 and U9.
The U11s played four matches and registered a draw and three losses. The U9 outshone their older counterparts, winning two and drawing one in their five games.
The U11s travelled to North London to take part in a three-way tournament with Medway Dragons and London Skolars. They beat Dragons and suffered a narrow defeat to Skolars.
Speaking after the trip, coach Gary Tetlow said: “The week has been a great opportunity for the boys and girls to really put into practice the skills they are picking up in training.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so pleased with the effort, skill and bravery. The festival style events allow us to rotate the players, let them experience new playing positions and find their place.’
Both teams play a friendly on Thursday at Samuel Ryder Academy, 6pm. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07713472091.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier