Minis take on Richmond Warriors
St Albans Centurions Minis have had a busy two weeks, as the rugby league season for primary age children got into full swing.
The period started with a festival hosted by Richmond Warriors to which the Cents took squads at U11 and U9.
The U11s played four matches and registered a draw and three losses. The U9 outshone their older counterparts, winning two and drawing one in their five games.
The U11s travelled to North London to take part in a three-way tournament with Medway Dragons and London Skolars. They beat Dragons and suffered a narrow defeat to Skolars.
Speaking after the trip, coach Gary Tetlow said: “The week has been a great opportunity for the boys and girls to really put into practice the skills they are picking up in training.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so pleased with the effort, skill and bravery. The festival style events allow us to rotate the players, let them experience new playing positions and find their place.’
Both teams play a friendly on Thursday at Samuel Ryder Academy, 6pm. For more information, contact email@example.com or 07713472091.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth