Mingle joins Braintree, Chelmsford sign Hockton, Hawks snap up Gillespie and Maindenhead make triple
BRAINTREE boss Robbie Garvey has added to his options in midfield with the signing of Jacob Mingle from Blue Square Premier side Eastbourne. The 23-year-old joined Eastbourne last January from Horsham making three appearances in non-league s top flight be
BRAINTREE boss Robbie Garvey has added to his options in midfield with the signing of Jacob Mingle from Blue Square Premier side Eastbourne.
The 23-year-old joined Eastbourne last January from Horsham making three appearances in non-league's top flight before switching to Cressing Road.
Chelmsford City have won the race to sign Danny Hockton.
The 30-year-old scored 19 goals for Braintree last season and had been linked to a host of Blue Square South club's before Chelmsford clinched the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Eastleigh have also been busy adding to their goalscoring capabilities with the signing of Richard Gillespie from Bashley.
Gillespie was Bashley's all-time leading goalscorer after netting 173 goals in 308 appearances and Spitfires manager Ian Baird is hoping the 24-year-old has a similar impact as Andy Forbes who also joined the club from the lower leagues.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Maidenhead United have made a triple signing as they look to better last season's sixth placed finish.
Goalkeeper Chris Tardif comes in to replace the departing Shane Gore, with Bradley Quamina moving to York Road from Woking.
The Magpies have also signed striker Stafforde Palmer on a three-month loan deal from Hayes & Yeading.