Mingle joins Braintree, Chelmsford sign Hockton, Hawks snap up Gillespie and Maindenhead make triple
BRAINTREE boss Robbie Garvey has added to his options in midfield with the signing of Jacob Mingle from Blue Square Premier side Eastbourne. The 23-year-old joined Eastbourne last January from Horsham making three appearances in non-league s top flight be
BRAINTREE boss Robbie Garvey has added to his options in midfield with the signing of Jacob Mingle from Blue Square Premier side Eastbourne.
The 23-year-old joined Eastbourne last January from Horsham making three appearances in non-league's top flight before switching to Cressing Road.
Chelmsford City have won the race to sign Danny Hockton.
The 30-year-old scored 19 goals for Braintree last season and had been linked to a host of Blue Square South club's before Chelmsford clinched the deal.
Eastleigh have also been busy adding to their goalscoring capabilities with the signing of Richard Gillespie from Bashley.
Gillespie was Bashley's all-time leading goalscorer after netting 173 goals in 308 appearances and Spitfires manager Ian Baird is hoping the 24-year-old has a similar impact as Andy Forbes who also joined the club from the lower leagues.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
Maidenhead United have made a triple signing as they look to better last season's sixth placed finish.
Goalkeeper Chris Tardif comes in to replace the departing Shane Gore, with Bradley Quamina moving to York Road from Woking.
The Magpies have also signed striker Stafforde Palmer on a three-month loan deal from Hayes & Yeading.