Millwall take Herts Festival honours
ST Albans City Youth hosted the Second Hertfordshire Disability Football Festival at the home of City Youth, Highfield Park on Sunday. This year s festival saw 12 teams taking part, including the disability teams from Millwall, MK Dons, Chelsea and Spurs.
ST Albans City Youth hosted the Second Hertfordshire Disability Football Festival at the home of City Youth, Highfield Park on Sunday.
This year's festival saw 12 teams taking part, including the disability teams from Millwall, MK Dons, Chelsea and Spurs. Hertfordshire was well supported with not only St Albans City Youth FC but also Hitchin Town and Bedwell Rangers. In addition, Folkestone Invicta travelled all the way from Kent.
All players taking part received a medal as a memento of the day, provided by the festival sponsors.
The final match of the day saw Millwall FC play Spurs Amputee in what turned out to be a game fit for Wembley, with Millwall just edging ahead by one goal in extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Mervyn Morgan, Trustee of St Albans City Youth FC said it was a great day, not only for those taking part on the field but also everyone who helped out.
If any local players would like to join the St Albans City Youth Disability FC teams they should contact Daniel Rogers on 01727 762843. The St Albans disability section caters for players of all ages.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'