Millwall take Herts Festival honours
ST Albans City Youth hosted the Second Hertfordshire Disability Football Festival at the home of City Youth, Highfield Park on Sunday. This year s festival saw 12 teams taking part, including the disability teams from Millwall, MK Dons, Chelsea and Spurs.
ST Albans City Youth hosted the Second Hertfordshire Disability Football Festival at the home of City Youth, Highfield Park on Sunday.
This year's festival saw 12 teams taking part, including the disability teams from Millwall, MK Dons, Chelsea and Spurs. Hertfordshire was well supported with not only St Albans City Youth FC but also Hitchin Town and Bedwell Rangers. In addition, Folkestone Invicta travelled all the way from Kent.
All players taking part received a medal as a memento of the day, provided by the festival sponsors.
The final match of the day saw Millwall FC play Spurs Amputee in what turned out to be a game fit for Wembley, with Millwall just edging ahead by one goal in extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Mervyn Morgan, Trustee of St Albans City Youth FC said it was a great day, not only for those taking part on the field but also everyone who helped out.
If any local players would like to join the St Albans City Youth Disability FC teams they should contact Daniel Rogers on 01727 762843. The St Albans disability section caters for players of all ages.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success